ISO/TS 16949 Auditor and Certification Service Guiding You Down a Road of Safety and Quality: ISO/TS 16949 (Automotive) Certification
A good vehicle can be a catalyst for change. With a new car smell, shiny exterior and unworn wheels, our possibilities often feel endless as soon as we start up an engine for the very first time. For automobiles, quality and safety are important factors in continuing to perpetuate the notion that with a new set of wheels, we all can conquer the world.
At Smithers Quality Assessments (SQA), we are committed to providing the best assessment services for your ISO/TS 16949 certification so that you can continue providing products of the utmost quality.
What’s ISO/TS 16949?
ISO/TS 16949 was formed by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) in 1999 to provide a single, globally accepted quality standard for automotive suppliers. In 2002, ISO/TS 16949 was revised to reflect the requirements of ISO 9001:2000.
An audit performed by SQA resulting in ISO/TS 16949 certification provides your business:
- Fulfillment of automotive mandates of IATF members on a global basis
- Elimination of the need for multiple third-party registrations on a geographic basis
- Ability to upgrade from QS9000, VDA 6.1, etc. during regularly scheduled surveillance audits (provided the registrar is IATF-approved for ISO/TS 16949)
- More consistent auditing performance: auditors of recognized ISO/TS 16949 registrars must undergo extensive training, testing and re-qualification to meet rigorous qualification requirements
How can SQA help?
Smithers Quality Assessments offers ISO/TS 16949 certification services to automotive suppliers worldwide. Companies achieving this certification report:
- Improved product and process quality
- Boosts in on-time delivery
- Greater emphasis on supplier quality improvement efforts
SQA is one of the few U.S.-based auditors approved by the IATF to certify companies to the ISO/TS 16949 standard. Our goal is to provide objective, value-added feedback on your business performance, all while maintaining open communication throughout the entire process.
At the end of the assessment, a final meeting is conducted where findings, recommendations and improvement plans (if needed) are discussed. If the audit is successful, you will receive your ISO/TS 16949 certification along with surveillance and renewal activities to ensure future compliance.
Call us today to discuss your ISO/TS 16949 auditing needs.
Already certified through another registrar? No problem. Transferring your certification to SQA is easy. Contact us or call 1-866-688-0134.
***Changes for ISO/TS 16949 may impact your certification. Find out what these changes mean for TS-Certified suppliers.