Will you pursue this Energy Management Certification?
Smithers Quality Assessments (SQA) is pursuing the accreditation for ISO 50001 to become a certified registrar and auditor for the standard.
ISO 50001 was established as an international standard for energy management in industrial plants, commercial facilities and organizations. This standard influences more than half of the world’s energy usage.
ISO 50001 is compatible with other ISO standards, in particular ISO 9001 for quality management and ISO 14001 for environmental management.
SQA is pursuing ISO 50001 accreditation so we can offer certification to organizations worldwide. Companies achieving ISO 50001 certification benefit from:
- Conserving energy
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- An accepted framework for incorporating energy savings into business practices, as well as those of their customers and suppliers
- Direct cost savings from reduced energy usage
An audit performed by SQA resulting in ISO 50001 certification would provide your business:
- Clear and well-communicated best practices for energy management
- Reinforcement for good energy management behaviors within the organization
- Help with prioritization and assessment of integration of new energy-efficient technology.
- More consistent auditing performance.
Why choose SQA as your ISO 50001 auditor once we are accredited? (Accreditation in Progress)
SQA has a “No Surprises” philosophy that reduces the uncertainty of the ISO 50001 energy management system.
The SQA auditing team maintains open communication with you throughout the entire process. Our goal is to provide you valuable resources in the way of checklists and workbooks while providing objective feedback on your business processes. At the end of an assessment, we review the findings and recommendations with you as well as discuss an improvement plan (if necessary).
If you are already certified for ISO 50001 through another registrar, you can transfer your certification to SQA once our accreditation is established.